PODS Moving & Storage Palo Alto
10 Kid-Friendly Activities in Palo Alto — That Aren’t Tech-Related
When we think of Palo Alto, we think of tech companies, right? After all, it’s located 35 miles south of San Francisco and 14 miles north of San Jose, so it’s affectionately called “the heart of Silicon Valley.” It’s even within spitting distance of Stanford University, where many of the biggest tech companies were founded. Not to mention the fact that companies like Hewlett-Packard and Tesla are headquartered in Palo Alto.
With all the young professionals working at the local tech companies — the median age of the city residents is 41.9 — it’s natural to assume that the city is a family friendly one. And that assumption would be correct, according to Livability. “While housing costs are some of the highest in the country, the amenities the city offers families are well worth the hefty price tag, making the city easily one of the Best Cities to Raise a Family,” they say.
So with that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the top kid-friendly things to do in Palo Alto:
- Cantor Arts Center – Provides a collection of more than 38,000 works of art from around the globe that spans 5,000 years — an outstanding cultural experience for visitors of all ages.
- Palo Alto Junior Museum and Zoo – Intimate, child-sized, learn-through-play resource that has recently undergone a $25 million redesign and rebuild.
- Mitchell Park – 21.4-acre park that has it all: multiple play areas (including one with a water play feature), walking path, picnic areas, horseshoe pits, fenced dog run, and more.
- Magical Bridge Playground – Part of Mitchell Park, but so unique that it deserves its own spot on the list: a truly inclusive playground, designed and built for visitors of ALL abilities.
- Palo Alto Children’s Theatre – Theatrical productions and programs for youth ages 3 through high school, including onsite classes, camps, and production experiences.
- The Baylands and the Duck Pond – Perfect for the bird-watching enthusiasts and ecologists-in-training, a preserve that includes a duck pond, 15 miles of trails, a Nature Center, an EcoCenter, and a sailing station.
- Webb Ranch Horses – Family-oriented farm specializing in multi-discipline and intermediate horseback riding instruction for children and adults.
- Rinconada Park and Pool – Park featuring a kiddie pool, fountain, several fun water features (including stationary bikes that shoot water), and a lap pool with two diving boards.
- Winter Lodge – Popular outdoor ice-skating rink that’s been a Palo Alto tradition since 1956.
- Christmas Tree Lane – Located in the 1700 and 1800 block of Fulton Street, an area that has been lit up during the month of December for more than 80 years straight, drawing crowds every year.
Sure, the cost of living may be a little (or a lot) on the expensive side, compared to the rest of the country, but who wouldn’t want to take a break from all the tech and play on an all-inclusive magical playground or visit a street dedicated to Christmas decorations?
Palo Alto Moving & Storage
Storage Facilities Near Me
A Santa Rosa
Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Benicia, CA 94510
C Oakland, CA
Oakland, CA 94607
Hayward, CA 94545
Milpitas, CA 95035
Castroville, CA 95012
How PODS Works
Get It & Load It
We deliver your container -- and there's no need to meet the driver, as PODS is a contactless service. Load your container on your schedule, right in your driveway. If you want help, we can connect you with local packing and loading companies.
At-home storage gives you the flexibility you need, whether you want easy storage just steps away, or you want to take your time packing and loading.
If you need temporary storage, we'll pick up your loaded container and bring it to a local PODS Storage Centre, where it will be safe, secure, and easily accessible until you need it again.
Find Your Fit: Moving and Storage Container Size Options
- Ideal for 3 to 4 rooms, or up to 1,200 sq. ft.**
- About the length of a standard parking spot
- Comparable to a 10'x15' storage unit or a 20' truck
Get more information
- Perfect for a 500-800 sq. ft. space**
- Great for packing away things from 2 or 3 rooms
- Compare to a 10'x10' storage unit or 15' truck
- Great for a studio or room of 500 sq. ft. or less**
- A popular choice for college students
- Comparable to a 5'x10' storage unit or 10' truck
Get more information
Let's Get Started
Choose the service you need
PODS is constantly upgrading its container fleet and container sizes may vary slightly from one model to another.
Limited delivery service areas may apply. Check PODS.ca or call PODS for details.