PODS moving costs
PODS prices are based on several factors, including the number and size of your containers, distance, time frame, and season. You can get the most accurate estimate of your moving cost by requesting a personalized quote.
* Averages based on PODS rates published September 2020. An estimated 20% of PODS moves fall above or below the average range.
PODS personalized moving quotes@Model.Title.HeadingType>
Find out how much it will cost to move your stuff with PODS
How it works - moving costs
Using PODS for your local or long-distance move is a convenient alternative to hiring a traditional moving company.
First, call us for a quote and help with finding the portable containers that are best for your upcoming move (we offer 7-foot, 12-foot, and 16-foot moving containers). We’ll also schedule a delivery date when one of our drivers can drop off the container at your home.
One of the major advantages of moving with PODS is time—we rent portable containers by the month, so you can pack and load at your convenience.
When moving day arrives, we’ll pick up your loaded container and transport it to your destination. You can also choose to store your container at one of our Storage Centers until your new home is ready.
Finally, we’ll drop off your container on the scheduled date, allowing you to take your time unpacking.
PODS Moving Container Sizes
- Ideal for a 2-bedroom home, or up to 1,200 sq. ft.
- About the length of a standard parking spot
- Comparable to a 10'x15' storage unit or a 20' truck
- Perfect for a 1-bedroom home, or a 500-800 sq. ft. space
- Great for packing away things from 2 or 3 rooms
- Compare to a 10'x10' storage unit or 15' truck
- Great for a studio or room of 500 sq. ft. or less
- A popular choice for college students
- Comparable to a 5'x10' storage unit or 10' truck
Why Choose PODS@Model.Title.HeadingType>
It’s good to know a few details about your move when you call, but don’t worry if you don’t have it all nailed down. We’ll suggest cost-saving strategies to get the most value and flexibility to fit your unique needs.
Daniel S., Chicago, IL
Brice G., Charleston, SC
Patricia W., Sarasota, FL
Amanda B., Boston, MA
Let's get started
Choose the service you need.
PODS is constantly upgrading its container fleet and container sizes may vary slightly from one model to another.
Limited delivery service areas may apply. Check PODS.com or call PODS for details.