Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It. We collect several types of information from or about you, including “personal information”—
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number, credit card information, your responses to our survey questions, and information relating to any orders you place;
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such technical and navigational information. This type of information may include computer browser type, internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, pages visited and time spent on our Website, and other communication data; and
- Information provided by third parties. We may obtain demographic and other personal information from companies about you that helps enhance our information we have about our customers.
The information we collect about you may also be used or analyzed by us to improve our web design and functionality, show our ads on sites across the internet, enhance our ability to service you, and estimate our audience size and usage patterns. For the same reasons, we may also obtain other non-personally identifiable information about your general internet usage by using cookies. We may share non-personally identifiable information with third parties in connection with referral relationships and for reasons stated herein.
We use Google's Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the internet. We and third party vendors, including Google, use first party cookies and third party cookies together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on visits to our website.
Occasionally, we may use your personal information to deliver marketing and account information relevant to you, such as discount coupons, information about new product offerings, reservation confirmations, surveys, account information, notification services, and for administrative reasons.
By providing your cellular number, where permitted by law, you agree to permit PODS to contact you by text messaging or by using an automatic telephone dialing system and/or a prerecorded voice regarding matters relevant to your account, including, without limitation, estimated time of arrivals and pickups of container(s), status of your contract, accounts payable and gypsy moth documentation, as applicable, and any other operational or account matters.
- To our franchises, subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes of providing services;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and to perform a variety of functions, such as fulfilling orders, billing and collection, assisting with marketing and promotions, credit card processing, transportation services, conducting contests or sweepstakes, helping us improve our product and service offerings and our website, providing technical services for our Website, data analytics, etc. Such third parties are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of PODS' assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by PODS about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To our carefully selected service providers to market their products or services to you if we believe that their respective products or services may be of interest to you (e.g., packing and loading services).
- With your consent.
- As permitted or required by applicable law.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process (e.g., subpoenas), including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of PODS, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Promotional Offers From PODS.
- You may opt-out of receiving any of our marketing or promotional emails at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your request or by using the links provided in any commercial emails received from us.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising.
- If you do not want us to share your personal information with an unaffiliated third party for promotional services, you can opt-out at any time by sending an email to email@example.com stating your request.
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising.
Do-Not-Track Signals. Some web browsers may transmit "do-not-track" signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Currently, there is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. PODS currently does not take action in response to these signals.
Minors. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors and ask that children under 18 years of age, or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, do not submit personal information on our Website without parental consent. Although we cannot prevent children under 18 from submitting personal information, we will destroy such information if we are made aware that proper consent was not given.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information. You may request access to information on record with PODS at any time which has been collected about you. We permit and encourage you to request that any inaccuracies in your personal information be corrected or that such personal information be removed from our databases.
To make any request described above, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
PODS Enterprises, LLC
5585 Rio Vista Drive
Clearwater, Florida 33760
When contacting us, please be sure to provide us with your exact e-mail address, name, address and/or telephone number(s) in order to be sure we handle your request correctly. We may require you to verify your identify before allowing you to access your personal information. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases, we may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in certain circumstances (e.g., if it contains personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons).
Security. PODS recognizes your personal data is your private information, so we have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Our Website uses encryption technology to help keep your personal information safe. Whenever you provide information, we use secure socket layer ("SSL") technology to make sure that it is "encrypted," or, scrambled, so that no one else can read it while it is being transmitted over the Internet. Personal information may be accessed by persons within our organization, or our third party service providers, who require such access to carry out the purposes indicated above, or such other purposes as may be permitted or required by the applicable law.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. You should always safeguard your own personal information by protecting passwords used to access websites and by safely disposing of records no longer needed.
Users Outside of the United States. Some or all of the personal information we collect may be stored or processed on servers outside your jurisdiction of residence whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
PODS Enterprises, LLC
5585 Rio Vista Drive
Clearwater, Florida 33760
This Notice explains what information we collect about you and how we use or disclose such information. Please carefully read this this Notice before applying and/or agreeing to employment with PODS. By applying for a position or accepting an employment or independent contractor offer, you agree to our use of your information consistent with this Notice.
Information We Collect
PODS may collect information that personally identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with you and other individuals as your dependents (“Personal Information”), including:
- Personal identifiers such as name, social security number, taxpayer identification number, driver’s license number, date of birth;
- Biometric & Health Information such as medical reports, illness excuse notes; drug tests, disability accommodation requests, etc.
- Contact Information such as email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Financial Information such as bank account number for direct deposit, the existence of garnishment or levies on wages, deductions, and withholdings;
- Educational Information such as educational institutions attended, degrees received, college transcripts;
- Driving history and records;
- Professional/Employment Information such as positions held, tenure, references, skill assessments;
- Background check information to include criminal history;
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications such as gender, age, disability, nationality, citizenship status;
- Audio/Visual Information such as call recordings, recordings from security cameras on work premises, associate photos; and
- Inferences drawn from the above categories of Personal Information that relate to your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
The types of Personal Information PODS collects about you may vary based on whether you are an applicant or an employee, employment functions and duties, and benefits provided.
How We Collect Information
Voluntary Disclosure. PODS may ask you to provide us with Personal Information when you communicate with us (online or offline), when you apply to a position or apply for a promotion, when you become an employee, when you access benefits, and at other times. PODS may also collect information you make available through public forums, online accounts and social media platforms.
Third Party Data Sources. PODS may collect Personal Information from third-party data sources such as associate benefit providers or service providers hired to provide identify verification services or conduct background checks, drug screenings and credit checks.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
PODS, directly or through service providers, use Personal Information to:
- Advertise available positions or information about careers with us;
- Evaluate candidates for initial and continued employment, including conducting background checks and drug screening;
- Provide training and mentoring;
- Facilitate performance reviews;
- Provide employee benefits, services and accommodations;
- Optimize our business and workforce;
- Maintain company security;
- Communicate with associates via mail, email, telephone and/or text messaging;
- Facilitate compliance with company policies; and
- Comply with legal and contractual obligations.
Updated: January 2, 2020