PODS Moving & Storage Thousand Oaks
Things to Do in Thousand Oaks
Thousand Oaks, a community of about 130,000 residents, is located between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. Known as one of the best places in California to live, work, and raise a family, it’s no surprise there’s plenty to do and see throughout the area. Take a look at some of the Thousand Oaks activities on our must-see list.
Take advantage of the beautiful weather and scenery.
With the temperature typically between 46°F and 81°F (but mostly nearly perfect) throughout the year and more than 15,000 acres of natural, publicly owned, open green space, you can’t be in the Thousand Oaks area and not do a little outdoor exploring.
- Gardens of the World – 4.5 acres of Japanese, French, Mission, English, and Italian gardens. Perfect for a picnic lunch with free public admission.
- Wildwood Regional Park – 1,765 acres of public space, including 14 trails, two waterfalls, and a spectacular wildflower display in the spring.
- Los Robles Greens Golf Course – Par-70 championship golf course offering all the amenities of an exclusive country club to the public seven days a week.
- Santa Monica Mountain National Recreation Area – Rich with activities and history, complete with a still-operating film set and Native American artifacts.
- Conejo Valley Botanic Garden – Sits atop the city’s highest hill and includes nearly 35 acres divided into more than a dozen distinct areas, including a dedicated children’s area (free admission).
Take a deep dive into the area’s cultural arts scene.
Thousand Oaks residents take pride in the area’s rich history as well as its modern talent. In fact, over the past few decades, Thousand Oaks has become a destination spot for world-class art and entertainment.
- Chumash Indian Museum – Located on the site of the former Sap’wi village, showcasing artifacts, reconstructed structures, and demonstrations.
- Conejo Valley Art Museum – Displays six to seven fine and modern art exhibits each year, often highlighting artwork that is part of prestigious national tours.
- Conejo Players Theatre – Offers a broad range of performances, including stand-up comedy, live music, holiday programs, and more.
- Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza – Performing arts center that hosts a wide range of talent — from folk music to fine art, magic shows to modern dance.
- California Museum of Art Thousand Oaks – Premiere art museum showcasing painting, photography, and sculpture exhibits. Music, drama, and dance performances are also highlighted, with visitor engagement encouraged
Take your taste buds on an adventure.
Your tour of the town wouldn’t be complete without mixing in a few of the most popular food and drink destinations. From savory sips to sizzling steaks, Thousand Oaks has just what you’re craving.
- Mouthful Eatery – Eclectic dining spot that creatively infuses Peruvian-inspired favorites with international flair. Voted one of the Top 100 Restaurants in America by Yelp.
- Alma Sol Winery – Family-owned boutique winery offering artisanal wines from hand-picked, small-lot grapes. Tasting room open to the public every weekend.
- Crown and Anchor – One of Ventura County’s most popular English-style pubs, offering authentic English fare and plenty of cold beers to choose from.
- Mastro’s Steakhouse – Award-winning upscale chophouse that provides guests with an unparalleled dining experience. Elegant dress code strictly enforced.
- Thousand Oaks Certified Farmers’ Market – Fun and inexpensive way to take home produce, baked goods, and more, grown and made by some of California’s finest.
Whether you prefer to tour, adore, or simply enjoy a nice pour, at Thousand Oaks, there’s always something to explore!
Thousand Oaks Moving & Storage
Storage Facilities Near Me
Chino, CA 91710
Ericsson - Corona (DO NOT USE)
Corona, CA 92879
Los Angeles, CA
Compton, CA 90220
Sylmar, CA 91342
Van Nuys, CA
Van Nuys, CA 91402
How PODS Works
Get It & Load It
We deliver your container -- and there's no need to meet the driver, as PODS is a contactless service. Load your container on your schedule, right in your driveway. If you want help, we can connect you with local packing and loading companies.
At-home storage gives you the flexibility you need, whether you want easy storage just steps away, or you want to take your time packing and loading.
If you need temporary storage, we'll pick up your loaded container and bring it to a local PODS Storage Centre, where it will be safe, secure, and easily accessible until you need it again.
We've got this, so you don't have to. We'll deliver your container to your new home, whether you're moving across town or across the country.* If you need to ship your car, we can connect you with one of our preferred car shipping providers who will arrange professional services in your area.
Find Your Fit: Moving and Storage Container Size Options
- Ideal for 3 to 4 rooms, or up to 1,200 sq. ft.
- About the length of a standard parking spot
- Comparable to a 10'x15' storage unit or a 20' truck
Get more information
- Perfect for a 500-800 sq. ft. space
- Great for packing away things from 2 or 3 rooms
- Compare to a 10'x10' storage unit or 15' truck
- Great for a studio or room of 500 sq. ft. or less
- A popular choice for college students
- Comparable to a 5'x10' storage unit or 10' truck
Get more information
- Exterior Dimensions: 16’ x 8’ x 8’
- 10,000 pound on-site capacity
- 835’ cubic feet of space
- Ideal for long-term projects and storing larger materials and equipment