Last Updated: February 3, 2023
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular employee or applicant ("Personal Information").
Below are the categories of Personal Information we collect for which we intend to use this information:
- Identifying information, such as your full name, gender, date of birth, and signature.
- Demographic data, such as race, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, and veteran or military status.
- Contact information, such as your home address, telephone numbers, email addresses, and emergency contact information.
- Dependent's or other individual's information, such as their full name, address, date of birth, and Social Security numbers (SSN).
- National identifiers, such as SSN, passport and visa information, and immigration status and documentation.
- Educational and professional background, such as your work history, academic and professional qualifications, educational records, references, driving history and records, professional licenses, criminal history and interview notes.
- Employment details, such as your job title, position, hire dates, compensation, performance and disciplinary records, and vacation and sick leave records.
- Financial information, such as banking details, tax information, payroll information, and withholdings.
- Health and Safety information, such as health conditions (if relevant to your employment), job restrictions, workplace illness and injury information, and health insurance policy information.
- Information Systems (IS) information, such as your search history, browsing history, login information, and IP addresses on the Company's information systems and networks.
- Biometric information, such as fingerprints.
- Geolocation data, such as time and physical location related to use of an internet website, application, device, or physical access to a Company office location.
- Sensory or surveillance information, such as COVID-19 related temperature checks and call monitoring and video surveillance.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice. Any personal information we collect is retained to the extent required by applicable laws or to the extent needed for the purpose it was intended to be collected.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Recruit and evaluate job applicants and candidates for employment.
- Conduct background checks.
- Manage your employment relationship with us, including for:
- onboarding processes;
- timekeeping, payroll, and expense report administration;
- employee benefits administration;
- employee training and development requirements;
- the creation, maintenance, and security of your online employee accounts;
- reaching your emergency contacts when needed, such as when you are not reachable or are injured or ill;
- workers' compensation claims management;
- employee job performance, including goals and performance reviews, promotions, discipline, and termination; and
- other human resources purposes
- Manage and monitor employee access to company facilities, equipment, and systems.
- Conduct internal audits and workplace investigations.
- Investigate and enforce compliance with and potential breaches of Company policies and procedures.
- Engage in corporate transactions requiring review of employee records, such as for evaluating potential mergers and acquisitions of the Company.
- Maintain commercial insurance policies and coverages, including for workers' compensation and other liability insurance.
- Perform workforce analytics, data analytics, and benchmarking.
- Administer and maintain the Company's operations, including for safety purposes.
- For client marketing purposes.
- Exercise or defend the legal rights of the Company and its employees, customers, contractors, and agents.
Sharing Personal Information
We do not sell personal information. We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We only make these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the personal information confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA/CPRA provides employees or applicants (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA/CPRA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know, delete or correct related to your personal information.
You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period.
Your request to know, delete or correct must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We will pass your deletion requests on to service providers, contractors, and, unless impossible or involves disproportionate effort, to all third parties to whom we sold or shared the information.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make it.
To exercise your privacy rights, send us your verifiable employee or applicant request using the “Contact” section below.
Response Timing and Format
We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law, which does not apply to certain data.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable employee or applicant request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Data storage and security
We may store your personal data in the U.S. or in countries. Except as otherwise permitted or required by law, we only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes they were collected for. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use of processing by other means, and any applicable legal requirements.
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your data from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Our service providers are also required to adhere to reasonable security practices to further ensure your data. That being said, digital transmission and storage of data is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the safety of your data.
- Calling us at 855-252-1075
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Filling out the form below.